Teenager missing after being released on bail in connection with fatal crash in Melbourne’s east
1 min read

Teenager missing after being released on bail in connection with fatal crash in Melbourne’s east

In short

Police are searching for a 17-year-old high school student who was allegedly involved in a fatal crash in Burwood, in Melbourne’s east.

The teenager was arrested and appeared in court on Friday charged with numerous offences in connection with the accident. He was released on bail.

What’s next?

Police said the teenager had breached his bail conditions and his whereabouts are unknown. They are asking anyone with more information to contact Crime Stoppers.

Police are searching for a teenager who they say caused a fatal high-speed crash in Melbourne’s east last week.

Police said a 17-year-old was allegedly behind the wheel of a stolen car involved in a crash that killed 28-year-old Ashburton resident William Taylor.

A police spokesman said this afternoon that the boy “failed to comply with bail conditions and his current whereabouts are unknown”.

The high school student was allegedly driving a stolen Jeep Cherokee that hit Mr Taylor’s car at a junction in Burwood.

In August, he was allowed to appear in court on bail.

Will sits in a café with a pot of tea in front of him.

Mr Taylor’s family say his death has left them heartbroken.(Delivered)

Teenager fled scene of fatal accident, court hears

The teenager appeared in a Melbourne court last week charged with numerous offences relating to the crash, including causing death by negligent driving.

The court heard the boy was found in his bed just 90 minutes after the tragic incident.

Two 15-year-old girls are due to stand trial in connection with the same incident later this month, charged with theft of a motor vehicle.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Published , updated