Police say 11 victims of mass shooting at street party released from hospital
2 mins read

Police say 11 victims of mass shooting at street party released from hospital

Police say 11 victims of mass shooting at street party released from hospital

play

Detroit police said 11 victims of a mass shooting that occurred Sunday at a street party on the city’s east side have been released from the hospital, while eight others remain under treatment.

The eight are in stable condition and “expected to be released from hospitals in the coming days,” according to a press release issued Wednesday evening by Detroit police.

Police said no arrests have been made in connection with the shooting near the intersection of Rossini Drive and Reno Street around 2:30 a.m. Sunday. More than 100 shell casings and nine weapons were recovered at the scene.

Letters: Is a crackdown on street parties the answer to summer gun violence?

Opinion: The scrutiny of street parties in Detroit should have started months ago, after the murder of a teenager

“Investigators are currently actively analyzing all forensic evidence,” the release reads.

The victims still awaiting treatment include a 17-year-old girl from Detroit, a 17-year-old boy from Detroit, a 17-year-old boy from Clinton Township, a 19-year-old woman from Detroit, a 20-year-old woman from Oak Park, a 21-year-old man from Detroit, a 22-year-old man from Detroit and a 25-year-old woman from Warren.

The victims who were released include a 17-year-old girl from Clinton Township, an 18-year-old woman from Detroit, two 18-year-old women from Eastpointe, a 20-year-old woman from Detroit, a 20-year-old woman from Taylor, a 21-year-old woman from Detroit, a 21-year-old man from Detroit, a 21-year-old woman from Southfield, a 22-year-old man from Detroit and a 24-year-old woman from Warren.

The city said police responded to six separate shootings at street parties over the July 4 weekend. There were a total of 27 victims at those parties, including three people who died, Mayor Mike Duggan said earlier this week as he announced a new crackdown on illegal street parties.

More: The mass shooting at a party in Detroit was the worst in the state since at least 2013.

More: Detroit mass shooting prompts illegal blockade of street party: What it means for residents